domingo, 22 de julho de 2007

A Treasure from the Midwest

Here I go, stealing other people's words, again, but I just couldn't help myself. My daughter just sent me an msm with a quote from Mark Twain and then the link to a good quotes page, so good that it was hard to decide which one to choose tonight.

THEORY

...the trouble about arguments is, they ain't nothing but theories, after all, and theories don't prove nothing, they only give you a place to rest on, a spell, when you are tuckered out butting around and around trying to find out something there ain't no way to find out...There's another trouble about theories: there's always a hole in them somewheres, sure, if you look close enough.
- Tom Sawyer Abroad

How empty is theory in the presence of fact.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court



More quotes: http://www.twainquotes.com/T.html
.


Nenhum comentário: